Things You Should Know

by The City of Palos Heights

Animal License: Pursuant to a city ordinance you must register your dog. Registration is renewable once a year and costs $5.00 per dog or cat. A rabies certification card is required. Download form here.


Block Party Request – Permit required. Download form here.


Business Licenses: Yearly payment for Palos Heights business licenses is collected by City Hall. Information is available about fees and businesses holding licenses by calling 361-1800 ext.3010 or on the City’s website.


E-PAY Online Bill Pay: The Illinois Electronic Payment Services Program, E-PAY, is administered by the Illinois State Treasurer’s Office. Residents can pay their water bills and/or purchase their vehicle stickers online. You can click on this E-PAY link to be taken to the site. You will need your account number to pay your water bill. Payments can be made with Visa, Discover, MasterCard or American Express.


Freedom of Information Request: FOI request forms are available at City Hall or the city’s website. Many city documents are posted on the website for public access. Click here for the electronic PDF


Garage/Yard Sale – Permit required. Get it here.


Handicapped Parking Permits: Application forms are available for 90 day temporary handicapped parking permits. This same application may be sent to the Secretary of State for a permanent handicapped parking permit. Find the form here.


Meeting Dates: City Council Meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. and are held in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 7607 W. College Drive. City Council meetings are aired live on Channel 4 and then run on a schedule during the week. Committee Meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month as follows: 2nd Tuesday – Recreation, License Permits and Franchises, Finance and Roads & Construction; 4th Tuesday – Buildings & Grounds, Planning & Zoning, Public Safety and Water & Sewer. All meetings are subject to change. Check the City’s website for times and agendas.


Metra Parking Tokens: Parking tokens for the Palos Heights Metra Station are available for purchase at the following locations: Palos Heights City Hall, Palos Heights Police Department, and Palos Heights Recreation Building. Tokens are sold in bags of 25 for $30. Individual tokens can only be purchased at City Hall for $1.25. In order to receive a refund for unused tokens, original receipt must be presented. For more information on parking at the Palos Heights Metra Station, please call 708-361-1800.


RTA Senior Circuit Ride Free or Senior Reduced Fare Permits: Seniors (age 65 and older) can apply for these permits at City Hall. You must have a government-issued ID. A photo will be taken. The card is good for the CTA, Pace and Metra. There is a $3 fee for non-residents.


Vehicle Stickers: City ordinance requires all vehicles to be registered and licensed with the City. Vehicle stickers can be purchased at City Hall or online via E-PAY. Vehicle stickers are valid July 1 thru June 30. The fees vary starting at $25 for Passenger Motor Vehicles. Seniors and non-dedicated streets receive a $5 discount; disabled persons (meeting qualifications) and enlisted servicemen are n/c. Download the form here.

Voter Registration: Register at City Hall, Monday thru Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm. or at the Palos Heights Library, Monday thru Thursday, 9 am - 9 pm, Friday and Saturday, 9 am - 5 pm, and Sunday 1 - 5 pm. Two forms of ID are required. For more information, please visit the Cook County website at


Water Bill Payments: Cash, checks, money orders and Visa or Mastercard are accepted for payment of water bills. Payments can also be made online using E-Pay. Billing questions are answered by calling 361-1800 ext. 3008.

Water Bill Senior Discounts: Residents, 65 years or older, living within the corporate limits of the city are eligible for a 25% reduction on their water bill portion only (not sewer portion). Proof of age (driver’s license or state I.D.) and residency (ie. tax bill) are required. All forms and permit applications are available at City Hall.

Location: 7607 W College Dr, Palos Heights, IL 60463, USA